Monday 21 January 2013

January Flowers

It is the time of year where I most miss my garden -  too early for daffodils and too late for anything else. Perhaps this is why I have been obsessed with these darling felt flowers.

It all started with a brief research project (check out the excellent tutorial here from Paper and Stitch) and ended with a nice little bowl of grey and white blooms. I think I will try to fix these to barrets or headbands, but have also seen some amazing wreaths.

These are a perfect 'instant gratification' craft, they are quick and easy to make and have a tendency to multiply. The color choice seemed appropriate for January.

The real star of the picture is the gorgeous bowl made by my talented Uncle Rob - you can see more of his exceptional pottery at Circle Craft .





No comments:

Post a Comment