Sunday 15 January 2012

Crafting for Kids

In most instances 'crafting' in my world has been for the amusement of adults, but on rare occasions crafting can actually be for kids. I made these little guys for baby Nathan to celebrate his very first birthday. 


They are finger puppets that resemble the characters from Oliver Jeffers wonderful book The Way Back Home. I don't know a lot about children, but the moms I know claim I have great taste in children's books;  Oliver Jeffers is one of my favourite authors.The puppets were inspired by a recent etsy find -  Hello Clementine's and her beautiful finger puppet designs. They were a lot of fun to make, and I especially enjoyed attempting embroidery on their little faces.  

1 comment:

  1. You do have excellent taste in kids book :) And we adore our finger puppets!!!

    ReplyDelete